Wednesday, July 24, 2013

First day at Kenneth Gardens

Walking tour of Kenneth Gardens

VCU and UKZN students at the meet and greet at the Kenneth Gardens community center

I believe these women work at the community center. I'm really looking forward to spending more time with them.

Before and after dinner at the community center tonight I took dozens of photos with my instant camera--it was a huge hit! Everyone really seemed to love getting their picture taken and I think the action drew more people into the community center. Before we left the US I suggested that these photos might be a fun way to introduce community members to the idea that cameras can be interactive and should not be threatening. By the end of the night I ran out of film and wish I had brought more. This picture is of me and three of our photo voice student participants from Brettonwood High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment