Saturday, August 17, 2013

Goodbye is Hard



What an amazing adventure!  A real curvy, up and down rollercoaster ride… at times exhilarating and exhausting, emotional and moving, frustrating, entertaining, educational, beautiful and challenging.  We gave it our all, accomplished all that we came here to do, and in return gained new friends and family.  I didn’t know I would get so close to this place and the people here.  I didn’t expect it would begin to feel like home.
 
They say when you travel, you never return the same person.  I certainly will not return the same as I left.  I have a greater appreciation for global health and the struggles of people outside the US, and the knowledge gained from building global bridges - connections between people, regardless of country of origin.

For fear of leaving out anyone, I will simply say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone… for the love and kindness, hospitality, patience, strength and resilience you displayed and instilled in us.  I will miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment