Thursday, August 1, 2013

Learning

Yesterday we began interviewing elderly residents of Kenneth Gardens and the experience was extremely eye opening. Once again I was made aware of how unpredictable field research can be. Decisions have to be made on the spot and there are no right or wrong answers. Moreover, I received a crash course in the need to let an interview work itself out. It is a process, a learning one at that, and all problems or issues may not be avoided.









To end the day we spent more time assisting Brettonwood learners with their photovoice project. As I anticipated, I have been completely blown away by their work and ability to conceptualize important things in their community. They are, for a lack of a better word, AMAZING. I hate to say it, but I don't think in our wildest dreams we would have been able to guess that they would be as thoughtful, creative, and inspiring as they are. Additionally, in spite of their high intellectual capacities, they are still joyous children to be around. Playful and hilarious. It is rare that I am among without smiling. 

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment